Sunday, November 21, 2010

First Snow!!!


Yesterday morning we woke to this sight out our windows! Of course the kids wanted to go out to play right away, so we hauled all the snow gear out of the closets (thankfully I had just picked up some winter boots for Gabe on Wednesday!) and they went out for about an hour and enjoyed the thrill of the first snowfall.


It was so nice watching the excitement on their faces and it reminded me of when I was a kid and every year we looked forward to that first day in the white stuff. It also made me so glad that we made the choice, almost six years ago, to move back here as I love the area we live in and how we get the full spectrum of every season, from a couple of feet of snow and skiing not far away, to 30 degrees and hot in the summer with the lake being not five minutes away to cool off. I love the spring and fall here too, lots of beautiful flowers and different coloured leaves.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...