Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Our New Christmas Friend


I cannot wait for December 1st to break this guy out of his box!




This is such a cute Christmas tradition to start for your kids! You can find out all about The Elf on the Shelf here. I really wanted to start this year as my kids are growing so fast and every year Nyla asks about Santa Claus. Maybe this will help her believe? She is such an inquisitive kid (always has been) and questions everything! I think she was four the first time she asked me if Santa was real, not because anyone said he was not, she would have these in depth thoughts like, how in the world could one guy go around the world in one night? And how would he get into houses without chimneys? Really good questions especially for a four year old! Now that she's nine, sigh, she asks the same things and then says, "and don't lie to me mom." What am I supposed to say to that! My standard answer now is, " well do believe in things you can't see and things that seem impossible?" that really gets her thinking :) So I'm looking forward to our usual in depth conversations around this time of year.
Whew, I didn't mean to ramble on! Anyways, I first saw this cute tradition on the Sunny Side Up blog here I just love this blog btw, (Erin and I have so much in common and she is so cute and funny!) and thought it would be such a fun thing for us to incorporate into our own traditions.
Well I am off, I have to finish a little project I'm working on to display our past Christmas family photos. I'll be back later this week to share it with you.
 Have a good day!

P.S. Have you heard about the Elf on the Shelf before? What kind of new traditions are you starting this year? 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...