Thursday, February 9, 2012

It's here! It's here!

I am so excited! Can you tell? Why am I so excited you ask? Well, I'll tell you :) Remember when I wrote this post a few weeks ago when I was impatiently waiting a certain something? Well, it's here finally, my project life stuff has arrived!




I had ordered the cobalt core kit, then I changed my mind and decided I liked the Clementine version better. I also ordered a black signature binder,  a package of the big variety pack of photo pocket pages, and a pack of Big envelope pages. I was so excited I nearly ripped the box out of the purolator man's hands :)

I guess there had been a mix up with the company who distributes the Becky Higgins product in Canada and I was supposed to get my order around Christmas, but that didn't happen so I had emailed the company to see when my things were going to be shipped. The woman emailed me back right away and we got it sorted out and she felt so terrible about the mix up that she overnighted it straight away so I could get started :) Long story, sorry! 
My plan was to highlight a week per layout in 2012, so I had been taking pictures and making notes and had my idea for my title page all planned out. When I got everything out of the box, I got started right away! Here is my title page:

The core kit comes with everything you need for a title page and last page all planned out, but I knew I wanted to add pictures to the title page at least. I still want to add our last name and the year somewhere, but haven't decided where and how yet.
I also threw in all the pictures I wanted to use from the last 5 or so weeks, so I continued on with that. Now I just have to finish the journalling and add those card to the pages and I will be all caught up! Here's the first week of January:

 I'm hoping to get most of the journalling finished today. Oh and those big envelope pages I ordered? Those are going to be a part of some scrapbooks I'm planning to document the kids school years, an idea I got from Stacy Julian called "school of life".

In other news, our week has been kinda quiet around here, my mom watched the kids for us for a few hours the other night ( I had to work, Pat had a meeting, so nothing fun) and she and Gabe made this,

 Cady made the other tower :) Gabe played with it a ton yesterday while I did my thang (see up top :)


And poor Nyla has been sick with a sore throat so she's been watching a lot of Garfield (their latest favorite movie) and reading.




How is your week going? Any fun and exciting things arrive for you to play with? :)

P.S If any of the links for the project life stuff above don't work for you, you can check out Becky Higgins site HERE. Also, if you don't live in the United States and want to order stuff, there are links on her site for how to do that, they ship all around the world!
P.P.S. I am not affiliated with Becky Higgins at all so I don't get any perks or anything for sharing all this (I doubt she even knows I exist :), I just really like her stuff and her outlook on what scrapbooking is and the fact that she is a mom herself and understands all the challenges we all face :) Just so you know :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...