Monday, October 1, 2012

It feels like fall

I canNOT believe it is October already! It's amazing how fast September always flies by isn't it? Or is it just me?
Nyla and Cadence had planted pumpkin seeds in the spring and were so excited to reap the rewards of watering and weeding (well the weeding part kind of got forgotten, thankfully pumpkins are pretty tough even with weeds in their way :) Oh, and Gabe had planted cucumber seeds and got to pick his couple of cucumbers in the summer :)
They were pretty proud as you can see :)




This is most of the pumpkins that they got. Cadence's had six and Nyla's plant grew sixteen pumpkins! We had to pick them before the deer ate them all. 

And look at this tall, sunny stranger :) He's about eight feet tall and the kids are so amazed (and so am I) at how big he is, both in height and the size of the leaves.


 Yesterday I even broke out the fall candles. I love the scent of this one, Pumpkin Pie. It fills the whole house with a delicious, spicy, homey smell.


 And if I get tired of pumpkin pie, well we can change it up and have apple pie instead :)
 Yesterday I was sorting through boxes and I came across this one. Think I'll have to dig into that one soon, maybe even tomorrow (cause it's way more fun to unpack Halloween/fall decor than more towels or other equally boring stuff :)

Have a great week!

Are you feeling the fall vibe yet? Are you excited that the holiday season is just around the corner? (this coming weekend is Thanksgiving for us Canadian folk :) 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...