Monday, February 25, 2013

A week with family

Happy Monday! Did you have a good weekend? We had a pretty quiet weekend after a busy week of travelling and visiting. As you know, last week was Cadence's birthday so I have a whole mish~mash of pictures to share today. I should warn you that this post is pretty picture laden :)

Like I said earlier, last week was Cadence's birthday so she got to open some presents before breakfast on her special day.Needless to say she was a little excited   :)





Playmobil farm! Yay!

The cats were so funny, they had a blast playing with all the wrapping paper :)

After supper later that evening, we had birthday cake of course. Cady was super excited all day because not only was it her birthday, but her auntie and uncle were arriving for a visit! (they live two provinces away so we don't get to see them very often)

 Here's Nyla with Auntie Charlotte (my baby sister). Aren't they beautiful?

Cady and daddy...

Gabe and Uncle Mike (my sister's husband) showing off their goofy faces :) Uncle Mike has an amazing ability to make some fantastic goofy expressions ;) Thank you Mike for sharing those with us :)

The next morning, we all got up and drove the eight-ish hours to go to our grandma's funeral. It was a really long drive, but our kids did so well, they were little troopers. I had picked up a few little car games and we brought our Brain Quest cards and the kids each brought a couple stuffies. 



We saw a lot of neat old barns, a few deer, lots of cows and horses and logging trucks :)


I had fun playing with the new camera :) I couldn't not take a picture of these gorgeous mountains


 Can anyone guess where this is taken?
 I have driven this particular drive many times, but I don't think ever at this time of year so it was different seeing how brown and desolate this area looks in winter. Usually it is really green and vibrant! The town is surrounded by vineyards and orchards. Anyone guessed yet? It's Osoyoos B.C.!

We stopped there for lunch as it's about the halfway point and I had some more fun with the camera. I took about a million pictures ( you know how that goes, right?) but these next three pics are my faves...

                                                         Cadence

                                         Nyla

                                     And Gabe :)

This one was my top fave because it was so hard to get! It was completely spontaneous and fun. We were chasing each other around the tree and I wanted Gabe to peek around at ME, but instead he was being a cheeky monkey so I had to sneak and get HIM!

The kids had some fun feeding the ducks and then we continued on our way :)

We ended up staying at my Grandma and Grandpa's place (my dads mom and dad, my mom's mom passed away) So the kids got to be spoiled by their Granny and Grandad :) I didn't get any good pics with Grandad though.


The next day was busy with funeral stuff and visiting with lots of family. The kids were so excited to see their uncle Matt (he lives far away as well)


We also had a great time getting to know some new additions to the extended family :)



All in all it was a good week,besides the obvious sadness, and it was so nice spending time with relatives we don't see very often.

Have a great week! ( I can't believe it is almost March already!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, fantastic blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your web site is great, let alone the content!



My web-site: plytki scienne

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...