Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Master Bedroom Update


Do you remember this room? *Shudder* Yikes! That awful paint job? That apres move in look? Well, I've been working hard to change that "look" and today I'm gonna share what I've done.
                                                                        Before





TA DA!!
                                                                          After



First, I did a little rearranging and then a couple weeks ago I finally painted over that craziness on the walls. Some of you got a little sneak peak at the colour if you checked out THIS post and now you get to see what I did with a couple of the frames from that adventure (that would be the Macklemore Thrift Shop challenge) I still might change out the art, but for now it works as I'm trying to keep with a red/blue/yellow colour scheme. I'd like to do something with our dressers and bedside tables to unify them a bit more, so definitely some painting gonna be going on. On a side note, the colour I chose is supposed to be a medium tone grey called "grey timber wolf" by Benjamin Moore but it looks quite purpley blue in these pics, you can see the colour a little better in a few of the pictures below.
                                                                           After


Yikes!
                                                                      Before


Ahhhh a bit more peaceful and calming (maybe that's why I've been sleeping better lately :) also, this picture is a better representation of the true colour.
                                                                         After


                                                                               After


The blue circle on Pat's dresser (above) is a hand print Cadence made in preschool for fathers day, so cute!


                                                                          Before


Much as I like to "live,love and learn" I didn't really want to read that every day :) Same with this giant heart in a square...

                                                                      Before


Ahhhh much better (and my mirror isn't precariously balanced anymore!) Also, Stella decided she wanted to sleep on her dog bed (finally!) on the floor just outside our door :) She had a few slip sliding incidents on the laminate floor and refuses to step foot (or should I say paw) on it anymore. She even refuses to go in our living room except on her "island of safety" the green rug :)
                                                                            After


Here's what's on my dresser, a picture of Pat and I (about 12 years ago!), my mini statue of the Venus de Milo which I got on my travels long ago, and a little tray for frequently used jewellry. Oh and an aloe vera plant on the other side :)

Overall I am so happy with the big transformation a little paint can make (well actually a lot of paint, three coats of primer and two coats of paint!) and Pat is too, thank goodness ;) So I'll leave you today with one more before and after.
                                                                    Before


                                                                           After

That "after" has one of our cute new "accessories" :)
Hope you enjoyed the update, let me know what you think or if you have any questions in the comments below.
Have a great day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...