Thursday, July 4, 2013

Yummy dinner and fun at the farmers market

Roasted garlic scapes, carrots and prawns, yum!!!




This is what we had for dinner last night and it was delicious! We were introduced to the yummyness of roasted garlic scapes this past weekend when a friend of ours shared them at a potluck dinner (thanks Amy!). So, last night, when I realized we still had a bunch left over in the fridge I decided to roast them up for dinner. I just put them in an aluminum pan with some butter and salt and pepper and put them on the BBQ. Then I looked at the prawns I had taken out for supper and realized they would probably taste yummy all roasted with the scapes. Well, before I knew it, one of the kids suggested adding some chopped carrots to the mix and I figured, why not? Anyways like I said it was delicious, although next time I'm gonna add mushrooms too :)
     You might have noticed these pics on my instagram feed, we went to the local farmers market today and the kids enjoyed getting their faces painted,

some balloon animals, and some frozen yogurt :) Through the summer there are lots of local farmers markets, but the main ones are in town on wednesdays and saturdays.



We also picked up a few local food items and some handmade soaps that smell divine :)
Summer is here with a vengeance and we are enjoying it as best we can, though it seems the moment summer arrived, I caught a vicious cold. Oh well, I'll just have to get lots of rest, best do that laying on the beach :)
Have a great week! And happy 4th of July to any American readers out there :)  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...