Thursday, July 31, 2014

No Electronics in July?!?!?!?!

This past month has been lovely, I decided at the end of June to make July an electronic device free month. Now we really don't have that many compared to a lot of people, Pat and I have iphones, Nyla has an ipod touch, Cady has a ipod shuffle and we have an old Nintendo DS. But, I was getting so tired of waking up every day to one of the kids asking to play games on my phone or arguing about who got more time on what or constantly telling them to put devices down and go play outside or use their toys and games and imaginations, that I finally lost my patience and took them all away for a month. And you know what? 
It has been wonderful! 

 They have been on bike rides, running through the sprinkler, jumping on the trampoline with the sprinkler underneath, digging in the dirt, playing with their toys,








Playing in the kiddie pool, watching the stars and the moon in the night sky,


Watched storms roll through and seen double (and even a triple!!) rainbows




Baked cookies and played board games, and made craft things they hadn't touched since last Christmas!

Whew! So much and that was just one month! It wasn't always easy, there was a lot of whining especially at the beginning but then they hit their groove and off they went.  I am working on making August just as device free so I can enjoy them doing their fun stuff and maybe I can do more of this....


Hope you had a great July! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...