Thursday, July 17, 2014

The living room change up

Just dropping in to share a couple pics of our little living room change up. I think I've said this before but I'll say it again, I love love love rearranging furniture! I used to beg my mom to let me change our living room around all the time when I was a kid. Also, Pat hardly ever bats an eye when things get moved around because it happens that often ;) I think this is about the 7th or 8th incarnation in the last ten months we've been living here.
Anyways, enough chit chat, on to the pictures! 


This is what it kind of looked like before...






The beige couch was literally falling apart, so we got rid of it and the beige chair was ok but it was quite stained and dirty. The bench used for a coffee table got moved somewhere else as everyone kept bashing their knees on the corners and I found two round glass topped tables at the thrift store (that I hope to paint soon!)


I wanted to see what the wall would look like a little less cluttered so I took down the gallery wall and hung this one largish canvas painting (which I got, at a boutique store that I love in our town, before we moved in) I just love that cow!!! I think she needs a name though, any ideas?? I also love all the colors in the painting so it's going to be my inspiration piece for this room. See the little paint swatch on the wall above the candle holder on the right? That gives you a little sneak peek of the direction I want to take on this wall :)


I just love the little wing back chair and I have a couple ideas for it (I got it from my mom) I'd also like to find a little different fabric for the console under the t.v (too similar to the throw pillows that are staying put) I just used a piece of fabric I had left over and tacked it to the inside of the shelf to cover up the mess of dvds etc.

There we go, a little change up that cost me little to nothing (tables were $15 for the set and fabric I had on hand, all the knick knacks were gathered from around the house) Oh and the green couch was given to us as well.

Tell me what you think, do you like the gallery wall better? I can't decide. Do you change your furniture around often? Or does everything stay put?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...